Brilliant Studio is a high-end print shop, primarily serving fine artists and photographers with industry-leading image, print and web design services.
As the primary designer/developer in the web department, our clients’ demanding expectations required a high proficiency on a wide range of new technologies and platforms from digital publishing to responsive design. Meeting these expectations also required an unrelenting commitment to customer service. My primary duties at Brilliant require me to:
- Create custom web designs in Photoshop.
- Convert PSD to fully responsive HTML/CSS.
- Create custom, responsive Wordpress and Shopify templates.
- Manage domain and hosting services.
- Design custom, mobile-friendly email templates.
- Convert InDesign files to flowable and fixed-layout ePub.
Lavahound is a mobile gaming app platform for creating photo-based interactive experiences, currently focused on serving brands and the running and athletics sector.
I was called upon to wear many hats at lavahound: designer, writer, product manager, and marketer. But, above all I was a primary member of the startup team and was valued for my ability to offer insight and creative solutions for every aspect of the business from product to customer. My technical skills were called upon to:
- Design, code and write copy for the company website.
- Design and write event marketing materials.
- Design and write product overviews and sales proposals.
- Learn MySQL to create photo-hunts and manage user data.
- Design mobile app UI.
- Manage Constant Contact email campaigns.
- Serve as primary interface with development team.
Magis Creative is a boutique design firm specializing in creating web identities for small businesses and individuals.
My initial role at Magis Creative was solely graphic design work, but I quickly expanded my skillset to include the entire process of web design. With no prior experience, I learned everything on the job to complete projects that included:
- Designing and coding websites for small business.
- Creating print marketing materials.
- Writing snappy and persuasive copy for both print and web.
- Product photography for e-commerce stores.
Worthy Fashion is an online retailer of luxury accessories with a user-driven philanthropic business model.
My major accomplishment at Worthy was to spearhead an intiative to adopt a philanthropic business model developed in conjunction with several charities, which automated the donation of a percentage of each sale to a cause of the customer’s choosing. In addition to the day-to-day tasks of customer service, shipping, inventory and sales, my main responsibilities included:
- Product photography.
- Website and product copy.
- Website design and upkeep.
- Google AdSense management.